Kickboxing Testimonials

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Maestro Robert M. Halaijian's Self-Defense Seminar - Azzan Al-Balushi Says

"The Self-Defense Seminar conducted by Maestro Robert Halaijian was truly a one of a kind experience. It covered many aspects of Kickboxing and street fighting.

Not only did it prove to be beneficial to many beginners, but it was also valuable and constructive for more advanced Kickboxers alike.

It would be virtually impossible to sum up my favourite part of the seminar, as it is my first Martial Art seminar. I did nevertheless enjoy myself throughout the whole seminar.

I never thought that it would be taught in the form of a regular class, where we had the oppurtunity to try out all the new moves we've learnt. I don't think there's anything better than that first hand experience.

Since the Seminar incorprated so much of the street fighting aspects which are not ring-legal moves and/or combo's, I assume the only way for us to try them out was during the Seminar.

Maestro Robert also talked to us about the psychological approach to street fighting, which I think should always come first. Some of the crucial elements he mentioned in the seminar were, how to overcome fear, how to avoid confrontations and how to maintain a sound mentality.

I believe that the Seminar has improved my school of thought out on the streets, and enhanced my Kickboxing abilities. It was sure to make a better person out of anyone to attend it.

If I were to asked to give reasons for advising others to train with Maestro Robert in the future, I wouldn't know where to start. Everything from his remarkable journey through Kickboxing along the years, to his impressive way of teaching and implementation.

He is very capable of maintaining an ideal combination of seriousness and fun, along with a pinch of humor too. He strictly causes the Kickboxers to stop and think of what they are actually trying to achieve with every move, hit or combo. He makes it a more realistic experience."

- Azzan Al-Balushi